Implementing a Health and Safety System
There is a lot of talk about businesses having effective health and safety management systems. But what is in a health and safety management system?
This course will provide you with the foundation knowledge needed for better understanding about how you can actively contribute to
- Meeting your duties and obligations as a Manager.
- Improving the safety performance of your organisation.
This course is designed on AS/NZS 4801:2001.
Business owners, health and safety representatives, members of a health and safety committee, team leaders, supervisors and managers.
- Principles of a Health and Safety Management System
- Performance and monitoring
- Safety leadership
- Defining and identifying risk
- The investigation process and its objectives
- Training and Supervision
- Worker engagement and participation
- Emergency procedures
- Contractor management
- Rehabilitation management
- Audit and system review
- Essential health and safety concepts and their meanings in relation to being a manager
- The key health and safety duties of the current Health and Safety in Employment Act and the new Health and Safety at Work Act
- The essential elements of a health and safety system
- Understand how and why risks and hazards are managed
- What is effective worker engagement and consultation?
- Why monitoring and measuring your safety performance is important?
- Understanding the “Duty of Care” for Persons Conducting Business or Undertakings (PCBU)
- How health and safety representatives, supervisors/teams leaders, middle manager, senior managers and executives can contribute to positive health and safety outcomes
- How different management styles and behaviours can influence safety culture and outcomes
This workshop has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development voucher programme | Regional Business Partner Network event reference OSEA639
Small and medium size businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers. Approved businesses will receive a voucher for up to 50% of the course investment fee.
For more information on the NZTE Capability Development voucher programme or to find your local Regional Business Partner please visit nzte.govt.nz
Register for this event