Developing future Southland business leaders.
The purpose of this programme, which is completed over eight weeks, is to provide leaders with the opportunity to build leadership capabilities through their own personal development and by learning from the experience of others.
Exclusive to Chamber members, the Leadership Academy is for people looking at developing their existing leadership experience and who have the potential for holding senior positions and governance roles.
The participant, at the completion of the experiential and reflective learning sessions, will be better equipped and have a good understanding of what is required to be a significant leader in their own organisation and in the wider business community.
Each two-hour session is led by a senior executive from significant Southland - Otago based businesses or other organisations. The participant will benefit from the opportunity to interact with the presenter and build an ongoing connection with them, and other participants.
At the end of the programme, participants will graduate and be invited to become a member of the Southland Leadership Academy Alumni.
29 November 2019
Congratulations to our Southland Chamber of Commerce Leadership Academy graduates.
Our new Alumni include:
- Andie Sherlock, Royal Wolf NZ
- Brent Webster, EIS Group Ltd
- Carl Hamilton, Jennian Homes Southland Ltd
- Charlotte McCurdy, Todd & Co Realty
- Christina McColgan, Careerforce
- Christine Shearer, Habitat for Humanity Invercargill
- Courtney Forde, Presbyterian Support Southland
- Daniel Alexander, Invercargill Airport
- Dave Gibbs, Graeme Dingle Foundation Southland
- Gareth Dykes, FI Innovations
- Jon Pemberton, Lowburn Ag Ltd
- Jono Bavin, Highflow Dairies Ltd
- Steve Smith, Mataura Valley Milk
- Vinay Sood, Immigration Law Advice NZ Ltd
- Lynn Tong, CentreStage / Chamber of Commerce
Thank you to all our fabulous guest speakers who share their knowledge, experience and wisdom so willingly each week - Jason Tibble, Shaun Drylie, Dean Addie, Penny Simmonds, Dougal McGowan, Clare Hadley, Robert Boekhout, Richard Roberts, Paul Adams, and Geoff Finnerty.
Thank you to our sponsors - BNZ Invercargill and Blue River Dairy LP for sponsoring this programme in Southland - an awesome commitment to the future of our region!
And lastly, thank you to the all the great employers who have invested in these talented individuals.
We’re excited to provide on-going support and opportunities to help our Alumni grow as leaders of our region.